Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hey everyone. I just thought I'd let you all know that the Lord is really looking out for us! On Wednesday I had a job interview for a CSR position at American Family Insurance. I had no hopes that I would get the job since I've done hundreds of interviews in the past. (ok, I hoped a little bit) During the interview Rick (the Agent) asked me something about what the hardest time in my life was and how I over came it. While I was answering the question I started tearing up. I CRIED IN MY INTERVIEW! Who does that, really? I wasn't balling but it was hard to speak because of my tears. I felt so dumb so I apologized and told him that I don't really do this. I don't like to cry in front of people. He cracked jokes about my tears and we moved on. I was grateful for how he handled the dang blubbering. :] At the end of the interview he told me he was impressed with me and that he received about 40 applications for the position but was only interviewing 7 of us. He wanted to give the last two candidates a chance before making the final decision and then said he would call tomorrow if I got the position. This was good because I wouldn’t have to wait long to find out if I got the job or not.

After the interview I felt so dumb and I couldn’t help but laugh at myself. I called Matt and Mom and told them what happened. Both Mom and Matt laughed with me. But I was still nervous. I thought my chances were slim since I was weak enough to cry in the interview. I thought maybe he thought I couldn't handle the job. But just a few hours later I received a call from...RICK at American Family Insurance telling me I GOT THE JOB! I couldn't believe it. He said I needed to pass a background and credit check but I was positive it would be clean. He said the last 10 people he gave the job to didn't pass the background check. That was a shocker.

Anywho, to make a long story short...I GOT A JOB.... . .. . .. ... FINALY! Thank you for all your prayers and support in my dangerous quest to find a J.O.B. Now Matt and I can start paying our bills on time and get rid of our debt. YIPPIE!!!

3 comments:

Drummdown said...

That's GREAT news Trace. I am so proud of you. Good thinking with the water works. ;) I'll remember that next time I'm in a job interview. lol j/k

I am so glad you see the Lord blessing you and have the patients to wait for them to rain on you. I love you so much and admire you more then you know.

Sarah Rockwood said...

Blah Blah Blah, Rachel! JK!!! She's right, she's always right! Suck! Love you!

Drummdown said...

I'm "always right!" I need to print out this page so that I could show Josh. :P LOL